Monday, February 2, 2015

I just love hearts and Valentine's Day. --- I love telling people how special they are to me and how much I love them. I guess I am just an ole mushy person, but it gives me joy. I Corinthians 13: 4-8 are vital scriptures about love. We know that God is love. Read these scriptures and insert God instead of love. "4 Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. 5 It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. 6 It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. 7 Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. 8 Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. I was going through a very hard time once, while dealing with a lot of hurt and a lot of pain. I got a revelation of not keeping an account of the evil done to me. (verse 5) I learned not to rehearse and perfect the bad things done to me. God's love in me was the only way I could do this. Verse 7 says love believes the best of every person. It is difficult, but we can when we look at them through the Father's eyes. The Word tells us we are known by our love for one another. John 13:35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” I am not saying it is easy! But it takes getting out of self and allowing Christ in you to come forth. It takes such a weight off your shoulders! Your burden is lifted! Christ is lifted up and the memory of what was done to hurt you has no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment